Name: Gabriella Palko
Hometown: Backseat of my parents’ Trooper!
Current Location: Valdez, Alaska
Gordini athlete since: 2021
Favorite Gordini product: Polar gloves and mittens- need the warmth!
What do you like most about working with Gordini?
Vermont roots baby!
Primary Activities: Skiing, sailing
Other sponsors: Black Crows Skis, LeBent, Db, Lange, ATK
What are three words to describe yourself: Unconventional, multifaceted, bold
- Getting my first season pass at Mad River Glen in fifth grade
- Receiving my first pair of girl’s skis and clothes after a lifetime of hand-me-dows from my older brother
- Getting Glen Plake, my childhood ski hero, to sign my poster of his mohawk
- Introducing the game “is it whiskey?” to a group of ski legends in Fairy Meadows, BC.
- Getting dropped on top of The Books for my rookie shakedown my first time heliskiing in Alaska.
- Ski touring the most magical place in the world, Prince William Sound, from a friend’s gorgeous sailboat
- Finding someone to actually pay me to do this- Gordini <3
- Colorado College 5 under 25
- Distinguished Service Award in Environmental Policy
- Best skier on the mountain, sometimes. Often the only skier on the mountain. There’s a lot of mountains here.
Organizations/projects you’ve founded:
- Hosted the Valdez Climate March as part of the 2019 Global Climate Strike. Turned into Valdez Climate Group, who is working on our first major campaign this fall!
Organizations/projects you’re actively involved in:
- the Black Crows music show
- Environmental Advisor at Lore Cycle
- Valdez Climate Group
- KCHU Public Radio
- Valdez Eco-Stewardship Program
Projects you’re most excited about in the next 12 months:
- A Featured Black Crows documentary
- A photo essay about one of the biggest role models in my life for Patagonia
- The All American Route - a short film about an iconic glacier and a changing climate
- Skiing from my own Sailboat
- Zephyr, now that the heater is working!