- Gordini athlete since: 2018
Favorite Gordini product:
Elias Gauntlet 3-Finger and the Front Line Series, in stores Fall 2021, developed in partnership with Gordini
What do you like most about working with Gordini?
They are a great group of people who care about their work … they are inclusive to who I am as a human.
- Nickname(s): Rafa
- Hometown: My tent
- Current Location: Santiago, Chile and Whitefish, Montana
- Primary Activities: Snowboard/Splitboard Mountaineering
- Other sponsors: Backcountry.com, Xdubai, Spark R&D, Cardiff Snowcraft, Zeal Optics
- What are three words you use to describe yourself? Passionate, motivated, stubborn
- Rafael has always been active in the outdoors but didn’t begin snowboarding until he was 17. Now he spends nearly every month in the mountains. Rafael splits his home between Chile and the United States. He combines his education in environmental science and his work as an activist with his love for the mountains to make forward-thinking film projects with his company Connections Movement. His newest films and educational projects include Tupungato and Korovadu. He is actively involved in over ten Chilean organizations dedicated to environmental protection and legislative reform. He has collaborated with Climate Reality, Fridays for Future and three dozen NGOs and nonprofits in the social-environmental justice space. He gives talks all over the world on the topics of fear, mountains, activism, action and environmental and social rights. This year, he’s looking forward to launching SERA: Social Environmental Rights Activists, an organization which strives to build healthier communities and ecosystems through social and environmental justice education.
Explore the Gordini team rider Rafael Pease's Instagram page!